Articles in category: 3rd Party Solutions
Born and raised in the Netherlands, Derek Roos is a non-tech person running disruptive tech company Mendix that provides a cloud-based, intuitive-to-build, service that allows anyone to develop software applications for business.(Read Full Article)
In today’s fast-paced world, time is such a precious commodity that few consumers take for granted the convenience and ease of online shopping. Online buying and selling has become common practice in the B2B marketplace as well. Whether your organisation sells products or services to consumers or businesses, the right e-commerce platform and the right amount of business process reengineering can help you maintain competitive advantage while achieving high customer satisfaction.(Read Full Article)
The announcement last week that GE (yes that GE) made a $105 million investment in the Pivotal Initiative caught many by surprise. Not only was it strange to see GE make a large direct investment in a technology vendor, it was also odd to see it in a relatively immature market like PaaS.(Read Full Article)
I was pinged lately by someone bemoaning the state of SAP HANA developer tools and I was slightly surprised. I thought that SAP had done a fairly good job of making things available, but then I am a SAP partner, with paid access to downloads, test/demo licenses and support. Clearly this isn't available to everyone, so here's an analysis of SAP, as compares to other DB platform vendors.(Read Full Article)
A recent venture beat article suggests that 60% of companies will soon deploy PaaS solutions. A surprising statistic? Not really, Platform as a Service (PaaS) has such a broad definition that a large number of vendors position themselves in this segment.
Our perspective on how to differentiate the various providers is by evaluating what they offer from an application development value chain perspective.(Read Full Article)
We are thrilled to see our very own Derek Roos, Mendix co-founder and CEO, win the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the award gala in Amsterdam last night . Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year has been celebrating entrepreneurs for more than 25 years. It is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs, with competitions held in more than 140 cities and in more than 50 countries worldwide. Congratulations, Derek!…(Read Full Article)
Mendix, the app platform company for the enterprise, will hold Mendix World 2012, its preeminent global event of the year for customers, users, app professionals, developers and partners in Rotterdam, Netherlands on October 4-5, 2012.
Themed “It’s An App World,” Mendix World 2012 will provide a unique opportunity to hear from industry leaders about visions of business innovation in the age of apps, learn about new web and mobile app delivery strategies, and explore key trends that will influence the world of enterprise apps for years to come.(Read Full Article)
If you have never worked with DSM before, read on – it could just save your project! If you’re considering a system split, or carve-out, or there’s a merger or acquisition looming, see what DSM offers before settling on any alternative approach. For the past 10 years, Data Sync Manager (DSM) from EPI-USE Labs has led the pack in the area of “downstream” copying of data, i.e. from Production to a test system. However, not many people are aware of its powerful capabilities when it comes to moving data into Production.(Read Full Article)
Software industry veteran Loek van den Boog joins Mendix as company accelerates growth in the enterprise cloud platform market. Mendix, Inc. today announced the appointment of former Oracle executive Loek van den Boog as Chairman of the Board of Directors.(Read Full Article)
NetWeaver Gateway - is it a way to engage a whole new generation of SAP developers, or just another way to integrate with SAP back end systems? Gateway has become a focal point for the issue of developer engagement at SAP, not to mention licensing models for customers. In this taped Google Plus Hangout, Jon Reed of www.JonERP.com talks to fellow SAP Mentors Graham Robinson, Ethan Jewett and Owen Pettiford on the myths and realities of NetWeaver Gateway, and the potential it may hold for new SAP development (and business) models.(Read Full Article)
The largest software company in the world and the ‘no software’ cloud world are colliding, and in the perceptions battle Sharepoint are shining a lot brighter(Read Full Article)
- Last December I wrote about how we were dedicating 2011 to integrating Magento with SAP’s Business Suite platform (R3, ECC, All-in-One) via our b2b2dot0 service. We’ve learned a lot in the past seven months and today, on the eve of Office Relief’s ecommerce website going live; I’m going to start to share some of our findings with the community as a whole. To begin with, as with all IT based projects, it’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that integrating Magento with SAP is strictly a technical exercise. It is far from it. (Read Full Article)
- Unless you hang around with SAP developers or independent SAP analysts, you may not be aware that there is a conflict brewing over how SAP wants to charge for its new technology platforms. Specifically, the Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and SAP NetWeaver Gateway (Read Full Article)
To sell more product. Plain and simple.
The need for a usable catalog comes as no surprise to anyone focused on their B2C business, but why is it so hard to convince the B2B community of the value of an online product catalog?
The irony is that everywhere we turn, these B2B organizations are producing catalogs. They have to be, otherwise how would anyone know what products to buy or materials to reorder? Unfortunately, they are still focused on producing only print versions of their catalogs. They are still operating in the pre-Internet model of mail them a catalog (or email, or download, or view a flash version of that print catalog) and then let them use the standard ordering channels to buy (phone, fax, email…or even an SAP disconnected webshop).(Read Full Article)
- You've build the next big thing when it comes to complementary solutions for an SAP product. But how do you get the word out and show prospective customers through your solution without sitting down face to face. Heres an example of an approach we have put together for SAP Business One Software Solution Partners. (Read Full Article)
- APM is one of the most effective third party SAP solutions you may not have heard of. APM addresses the cumbersome and time-consuming process of security testing by providing a new level of transparency and control over security testing. Here's our review. (Read Full Article)
- Duet Enterprise natively only supports flattened SAP data entities. Typically however business data exhibits a complex structure. Via custom programming against the SharePoint BCS ObjectModel it is possible to integrate complex SAP business entities via Duet Enterprise in SharePoint. (Read Full Article)
- The online portal apps4erp comprises some 250 SAP add-ons and includes price information. It gives SAP partners a platform to publicize their developments and helps customers find the app they're looking for. (Read Full Article)
- The new version of the Duet Enterprise Developer Guide now includes a chapter on how to develop Create, Update and Delete operations. Another new chapter explains how to use the Starter Services as development examples for your own development. (Read Full Article)
- Northgate Arinso is fairly well-known as an HR outsourcer, particularly in Europe. What’s lesser known is that NGA also provides its own platform (euHReka) that cuts across payroll, HR administration and talent management. orthgate Arinso provides a multi-tenant, modern platform based on SAP data structures. Organisations that are looking to stay within their SAP IT strategy and leverage existing investments may find an appealing alternative. (Read Full Article)
- The recently announced SAP NetWeaver Gateway enables accessing Business Suite data via REST and OData. You may wonder why we opted for OData instead of brewing our own dialect for REST service. Here's why. (Read Full Article)
- The Adobe Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway Integration project is focused on helping developers more easily consume data and services from SAP R3 implementations within Flex applications. Additional new features are being added to Flash Builder that will allow developers to introspect SAP services that have been exposed by NetWeaver. This post contains a video of the design time environment. (Read Full Article)