Our thoughts are with the family of the late Brian Twiggs who passed away unexpectedly this time last year, and in our blog post we share reasons for our recent logo change.(Read Full Article)
The first day of eventful mastering SAP in Johannesburg attracted a number of international speakers including Mico Yuk (BI Dashboard Formula), Ingo Hilgefort (SAP), Ross Wilson (McKesson) and Mark Giesbrecht (Canadian Railways). Attendees got key insights into the process of building dashboards, implementing mobile BI, CO-PA on HANA approaches and latest news on SAP Business Intelligence suite products. Local sponsors provided implementations and experiences. Here is my summary of the Mico Yuk keynote.(Read Full Article)
sa-portals attended the SAP Customer 360 CRM SIG at SAP's office in Cape Town offices earlier today. Britehouse and SAP presented the broad range of tools that make up the "Customer 360" offering, a social media presentation by Firestring on social media was well received.
The event provided broader information than just the "CRM" product and included information on the pillars: Interaction Excellence, Decision Excellence, Operation Excellence. Attendance level was pretty low with the bullk of attendees being prospective customers rather than CRM "users". Read full report..(Read Full Article)
Listed technology group EOH once again scooped three top awards at a gala awards evening held in Cape Town recently. The SAP Partner Awards recognise partners who have achieved excellence in planning and executing SAP projects and programs and more importantly, delivering significant benefits to their clients.
SAP Partner Awards are presented annually to the top performing SAP partners that have excelled in developing and growing their partnership with SAP, delivering exceptional performance across diverse industries and solutions to customers.(Read Full Article)
EOH, a leader in technology and business solutions and the largest implementer of enterprise applications in South Africa, has partnered with OpenText, a global provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions. This agreement will enhance the SAP industry modules through Enterprise Content Management (ECM). OpenText enables organisations to grow the business, lower costs of operations, and reduce information governance and security related risks.(Read Full Article)
Gerard van den Houten, Managing Director of Mendix Africa, "During Saphila Mendix clearly positioned itself as a fantastic add on app platform for SAP. Saphila was a great event for Mendix to showcase the power behind the technology and the instance mobile solution was a great hit. Mendix also launched Cape Groep's award winning supply chain and logistic apps together with ExpertDesk service management app from Mansystems. Mendix ESB, eMagiz has a clear advantage for customers looking for a ESB and application integration layer. Mendix will definitely attend the next Saphila".
Visit http://www.mendix.com/ for more information(Read Full Article)
This year’s SAPhila had all the ingredients most customers expect when travelling to the Pilansberg - Fireworks, Beers, Party at the Valley of the waves, SAP Marketing. This year was a little different, better organised, more focused on social media - yet from my anecdotal feedback still a little light on content side.
Rob Enslin and Simon Dingle were the star speakers, encouraging Africans to embrace technology. AFSUG also had Bridgette Chambers, American SAP User Group CEO, who no doubt shared the American approach for running value driven interactions in the SAP Eco-system. Interestingly some of expected SAP partners did not have stands and used guerrilla marketing approaches to spread their message (or mission) as the case might be. Looking forward to seeing the delegate feedback and seeing how AFSUG evolves with the new board members.(Read Full Article)
The members of the African SAP User Group (AFSUG) have elected Ian Brown, Exxaro CIO, Sal Laher, Eskom CIO and Andre Venter Macsteel CIO as Directors to the AFSUG Board for a three-year term. Previous Director, Ashwin Goolab, has left his position at Standard Bank and as a consequence, has resigned from the AFSUG Board. This announcement was made at the AFSUG AGM held during this week’s Saphila conference, the biggest SAP User Group conference in Africa, held at Sun City.(Read Full Article)
If you have never worked with DSM before, read on – it could just save your project! If you’re considering a system split, or carve-out, or there’s a merger or acquisition looming, see what DSM offers before settling on any alternative approach. For the past 10 years, Data Sync Manager (DSM) from EPI-USE Labs has led the pack in the area of “downstream” copying of data, i.e. from Production to a test system. However, not many people are aware of its powerful capabilities when it comes to moving data into Production.(Read Full Article)
Attaining the highest-level of SAP Partner Accreditations possible has earned EOH SAP Services the accolade of being appointed as the newest SAP National Alliances Partner. EOH SAP Services currently holds a sufficient number of certified consultants and comply with other rigorous criteria defined by SAP to ensure that best-of-breed joint services are offered to clients.(Read Full Article)
We reported over 1500 unique visitors per month to SAPortals in 2011. That average has now jumped to 1900 over the past 6 months of 2012. SAPortals has experienced excellent growth and we thank every member of our valued community for their ongoing support and readership. We also welcome our new Premier Partners. Our list of Premier Partners is expected to grow, with the aim of presenting you with local news and offerings of interest and we encourage you to explore their contributions to SAPortals.
- You can still be part of the experience by registering on the SAP virtual events website. Live Keynotes (Wed & Thu 9am – 10:30) Wed - Jim Hagemann Snabe, co-CEO Thurs - Vishal Sikka, SAP Executive Board Member Live Broadcasts from the Spotlight Theater (Wed & Thu 10:30am – 6pm CET) Customer perspectives, SAP experts, and discussion panels featuring Cutting-edge, real-world business and technology topics such as business analytics, in-memory computing, and mobility. (Read Full Article)
We welcome EOH to the SAPortals platform as a premier partners. EOH SAP Services will be sharing their insights and unique value proposition to the broader SAP community. Our latest news includes an interview between Alec Hogg and Piet Mouton on the recent PSG investment into the EOH group.(Read Full Article)
- An Interview with Jenny Mckinnel, Cape IT Initiative Executive director about how government, UCT and Cape Town businesses are working together to build capacity for the SAP/BI/ERP stream for 2012. A meeting hosted by Andre Stelzner is being held on the 14th October and local stakeholders are encouraged to participate. The interview provides background about the Cape IT Initiative (CITi) and information about the graduate program to assist in developing IT talent. For more information and for graduates to apply to the program please visit the ww.capaciti1000.org.za web site. (Read Full Article)
- The SAPhila Cape Town presentations are available for download from the SAPhila website. My picks (from downloads which were available) include: Derek Wood & Michael Perks - Process Orchestration and Distell Case Study Roland Slagman - SAP Financial Closing cockpit Natasha Cook - Never-ending quest for optimal BI Performance If you are looking for technical content of an international flavour, all the TechEd sessions from Las Vegas are available via the SAP virtual events website. The closing keynote by Tom Raftery from the SAP for Utilities conference in the US is available on Slideshare (Read Full Article)
- I attended the regional SAPhila conference in Caledon last week, you had to look hard to find the customers amongst the partners. Highlights from my perspective was Robert Enslin, President Global Field Operations - who kicked off the plenary session with some good insights into what global customers and SAP's strategy going forward is, as well as Alison Lambert's presentation on customer loyalty (which included details on the Pick n Pay Smart Shopper program). (Read Full Article)
- We welcome you to submit news or opinion pieces about SAP, partners, people moves and projects in the broader SAP African ecosystem. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Read Full Article)
- I recently attended the Mastering SAP Business Intelligence conference hosted by The Eventful Group. It was the first ever conference to be held on Business Intelligence within SAP in South Africa and it was worth the wait. The atmosphere at the conference was electric and the air was filled with the excitement of having the opportunity to listen to other customer experiences and to connect with local and international speakers. (Read Full Article)
- The eventful group is hosting its BI conference in Johannesburg, they have brought out a number of top speakers including Ingo Hilgefort (BO Expert) and Lt Col Jorg Steinhorst. Conference includes client presentations from: SABMlller, Altron, SAPPI and City of Cape Town. A hands on workshop is being run on Wednesday which includes data stewardship and best practices for Business Objects 4.0 toolset. SAPortals will be tweeting from the conference, be sure to follow us @saportals (Read Full Article)
- The African SAP community has been slow in adopting social media, but it looks like it's gathering momentum, here's our selection of Twitter users you should follow. Twitter is a good information source - our list of people share interesting pictures, events and insights that you can't distill from santised press releases. (Read Full Article)
- For those individuals and companies that began SAP consulting in 90's life was easy, you basically had to show up at clients to make money. Specific application knowledge was power and the balance was heavily weighed in favour of the early movers. Don't get me wrong, knowledge is still a valuable asset but the power base is shifting.. (Read Full Article)
- AFSUG has announced that it has joined SUGEN - a global network of 15 SAP user groups which include America (ASUG) and Germany (DSAG). This is good news for Africa - as it provides an additional communication channel through which AFSUG members can influence SAP on important issues such as licensing, maintenance and product features. "SUGEN’s role is paramount in facilitating Global collaboration, networking and influence for all the User Groups, internationally" - says Cuan Kloppers, Executive Chairman of the African SAP User Group. (Read Full Article)
- Excitement is building for the first Eventful Plant Maintenance conference which is kicking off in Johannesburg next week (6th-8th June). The size of this conference is astonishing - over 300 Plant Maintenance specialists all listening to international speakers (America, Canada, Australia & Germany) and hopefully getting the inside scoop from Bob Skinstad on who he is backing for the World Cup - he is presenting a closing Keynote. (Read Full Article)